TattooIN - Social Networking TattooIN - Social Networking

Great work! As a previous reviewer said, this feels very different from your previous films, but it's just as good as the best of them. If I didn't understand Russian I might feel a bit frustrated at the lack of subtitles but, well - I think the visuals make it clear enough what's going on (the film is about people becoming so "zombified" by their smartphones that they fail to make meaningful human connections, and gradually get "sucked in" by the system entirely), so understanding the words isn't really vital. The ever-present wires connecting everything remind me of your previous Newgrounds film "BANKOMAT" ("bank machine" in English). I love the cats, as well (a great choice of symbol to represent the internet). I hope the band liked this, I sure did.

Onirotelepath Onirotelepath

I don't usually give perfect scores, but I really love it when I come across something that feels magical. And this did. Thank you.

Sloof's Supershop Sloof's Supershop

This is wonderful! I have to say, I prefer your "voiced" cartoons to the unvoiced ones (at least so far), because you do this so well! The voice-acting is wonderful, this is excellently paced and the WAY you tell the story is understated and charming. Also, your art style is really great - I'm really enjoying the thick lines and limited palette of bold colours. And the animation is really smooth.

I really hope that there are more episodes to come, and that they are longer (but even short ones would be fine...). Heck, I'd probably support you on Kickstarter if you asked for funding to make a full series.

Vertical Seafood Taco Vertical Seafood Taco

You know, at first this seemed a bit sparse to me, but I grew to like it on the second viewing. The song really is quite soothing and memorable, though very different from your earlier Fernando melodies. The animated scenes fit it well. Actually, it's the first music video from you that I enjoyed since ParodyX3.

A few further notes:
The piano keys and internal mechanism actually corresponded to the notes being played! Neat!

Does Gooseman's shirt change colour when he's underwater?

Has Fernando been working out? He's looking unusually buff in that first scene with him.

Is that Pleasure Island nearby? You know... it probably is.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

it was pointed out to me i added two extra keys in the very first piano shot, woops. its intended to be pleasure island, yeh.

Captain Planet Rampage Captain Planet Rampage

Great

Silly, but funny and well-made. Great animation, voice work, and comedic timing. The voices of the two girls especially stood out.

I thought Captain Planet was a bit lame in the past, but his appearance here was quality.

Quest of the Manwhore Quest of the Manwhore

Great stuff

Well, this is well-done in just about every respect.

The only reason I'm taking a point off is because I don't think Gooseman's short taking-the-stage-away-from-Fernando scene was explained really well. It just seems weird that everything is about Fernando, and suddenly it becomes about Gooseman trying to usurp Fernando's symbols, with no explanation. Would've been nice to get a bit of set-up for that, or Fernando's reaction to it.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

woooaaaaahhwwwoooaahhhhwwoooaaahah woah woah wwowowowoaaahaahaahhh!

Cute Explosion Cute Explosion

Well, it did make me laugh at the end...

But I have to say, Sexual-Lobster, that I like your original cartoons a whole lot more. This whole "X spreading across the world and making everything great" thing has been done so many times in various commercials and short films that it no longer seems interesting to me. I don't believe in it.

A lot of people obviously do, and that's nice for them. They still believe in utopias. Aside from the well-done animation and one or two jokes, the only substance in the film comes from the idea that the internet-based culture of the people watching it will spread out and make everything in the world great. It's like a self-esteem video that tells your average Newgrounds visitor that he's awesome. I guess a lot of people like being told that they're awesome, it just smells rather false to me, that's all.

Ask Raptor Jesus Ask Raptor Jesus

To be honest...

...I felt that this one was a bit too random and lacking in focus, with a somewhat uneven rhythm. So I'm not too surprised that "Parliament Deathmatch" got more laughs, since it was much more logically-structured around a single point.

Even your worse films are still very nice, though.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

the audience of Q&A are politically interested australians for the most part, plus the night it played was 25 and under night in the audience (i think), so that explains the better reaction.

Katan Katan

Excellent work

You are a fine director who knows where to move the camera and how long to keep it there, and a fine animator whose characters I can believe in. You've improved a lot since your first flashes, specifically in the area of discipline. This is a great film, and its weakest point (the screenplay) is still good.

Out of curiosity, did you originally have a different plan for the ending? It seems like the more natural "punishment" for the red animal would have been for the god to leave him on the spikes. I wonder if you changed it to make it not so dark.

FutureSquirrel responds:

The ending was indeed changed about a week into making it, although not for the reasons you thought.

Originally the God was going to resurrect him in the same place... but in the future.
He would then stagger confusedly amongst modern day tourists before finally getting hit by a bus.

I cut that ending because after all the effort of Katan to save the day, it seemed weird to have a bit at the end where his entire race was long dead anyway. Seemed pointless

paul#1 paul#1

Funny! :)

Rather simple and a bit slow, but still pretty funny.

Good job!