All 76 art Reviews

Madness Madness

Your unmodified pen & paper stuff is my favourite. If you ever collected these into an art book like some indie comic artists do, I would totally buy it.

The Change The Change

feedback

Technically, it's very nice, although the lower lip is a bit strange. But I think that its meaning is a bit hard to figure out, and that's probably the single most important thing here.

antiandy responds:

Well, the meaning was supposed to be "Transformation".
However, after submitting it and getting some comments on it, it doesn't seem like I managed to get that to translate very well.
(shrug)
Art is always hit or miss for me, and even moreso when I tread outside my usual comfort zone, but challenging myself is something I'll never stop doing, even if I am not completely successful. :P

Fire Woman Fire Woman

Fantastic

It looks like a half-broken stained glass window to me. :)

But this is really great. Having the face to focus on in the centre (the one thing that's not symmetrical in all four corners) helps a lot.

antiandy responds:

Glad you like it.
This is one of my favorite pieces of all time...and I attribute that directly to the female face.
This piece wouldn't be what it is without her.

Dedicated To Jonathan Dedicated To Jonathan

Pretty imaginative!

Yeah, this is definitely the best thing that you've uploaded so far. Love the detail and craziness here.

MEANDNOONEELSE responds:

Ohh thanx because that's what I was going for =)

Mother Nature Mother Nature

Very nice!

I really like the linework and the concept of this. Some things that are not good: the wash of dark colour makes the leg/arm at the back very difficult to see, so many people looking at this may not even notice those limbs.

In the future, you can try colouring drawings digitally. First scan them in in black & white (this will also make any blue pencil lines invisible), then make the "white" colour transparent (you can do this in the free GIMP program, for example), then import that as a layer into a painting program, make a layer underneath the black lines and paint on that layer.

I personally use ArtRage for painting, as I find it to be very intuitive and it's easy to make it look like "natural" paints. (though in the free version of the program, you can only work on one layer) My Flash film "One Quiet Winter Night" was painted in ArtRage, for example.

jarkuzy responds:

Thanks for the review, its been very helpfull!
As you can see my other drawings are colored with pencils but I'll try painting it digitally next time..Is it possible to paint it only with a mouse? cus i dont have a tablet or something like that.
grz!

Excrement Excrement

This is really disturbing

The whole thing just feels really unbalanced, as if it's keeping up appearances (by seeming straight) but something could snap at any moment.

Great work.

Creepy as hell, though. (What kind of parents are they that they'd force the kid to smile?)

Jakubias responds:

They are teaching the meaning of life here! Oh well, maybe in quite diabolical way.

God & Satan circa 1966 God & Satan circa 1966

This is great

Love how spaced out they both look.

Scumble Man Scumble Man

Pretty nice!

I like the detail on the eyelashes, and the complex shading (though it could be just a little better on the neck)

It reminds me of Czech animated films.

jackthetrippr responds:

Thanks for the review friend!

Bird Bird

That IS nice

It's actually a lot better than your other submissions, except maybe for "Tropical April". The form of the bird is stylized, but the details are filled with naturalistic precision.

Actually, at first I thought that the leaf below its beak was the lower part of its beak. I wish it was - I think the composition would be stronger.

Dragonette489 responds:

pretty much the darkest area is his beak, about an inch down at his chest was a dark leaf.. but thank you, i know most of my stuff is pretty crappy compared to this one lol, i'll be adding more soon :)

Arseteroid - WIP Arseteroid - WIP

Great sci-fi composition

I love it. My only real criticism is that the bottom part of the space station is a little to the left of where it should be. It's not a serious thing, though.