TattooIN - Social Networking TattooIN - Social Networking

Great work! As a previous reviewer said, this feels very different from your previous films, but it's just as good as the best of them. If I didn't understand Russian I might feel a bit frustrated at the lack of subtitles but, well - I think the visuals make it clear enough what's going on (the film is about people becoming so "zombified" by their smartphones that they fail to make meaningful human connections, and gradually get "sucked in" by the system entirely), so understanding the words isn't really vital. The ever-present wires connecting everything remind me of your previous Newgrounds film "BANKOMAT" ("bank machine" in English). I love the cats, as well (a great choice of symbol to represent the internet). I hope the band liked this, I sure did.

Onirotelepath Onirotelepath

I don't usually give perfect scores, but I really love it when I come across something that feels magical. And this did. Thank you.

Sloof's Supershop Sloof's Supershop

This is wonderful! I have to say, I prefer your "voiced" cartoons to the unvoiced ones (at least so far), because you do this so well! The voice-acting is wonderful, this is excellently paced and the WAY you tell the story is understated and charming. Also, your art style is really great - I'm really enjoying the thick lines and limited palette of bold colours. And the animation is really smooth.

I really hope that there are more episodes to come, and that they are longer (but even short ones would be fine...). Heck, I'd probably support you on Kickstarter if you asked for funding to make a full series.

Mr Coo Interactive Teaser Mr Coo Interactive Teaser

Yay! Short, but neat! I'm glad to see you're still working on Mr. Coo all these years later. I, too, am curious what the final game will be like. Any information you can share at this point?

nachotururu responds:

thanks!
it will be a fully animated point & click game. I've been slowly working on it for a few years, in my scarce free time, and managed to make around 40 minutes of gameplay. Now i'm working with a producer to find the best way to finance it, so i'm able to work on it full time. It should be around 5 hours of gameplay. I'm trying to make the script and puzzles both surreal and solid.
There's a trailer with actual gameplay footage here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/674275
For more updates, which i hope to deliver soon, there's the FB page www.facebook.com/themanypiecesofmrcoo

Hunga Hatch Hunga Hatch

Good.

What can I say? SImple & well-made. The only problem I see is the lack of a pause button (& the fact that I can pretty much go on forever and not lose). A few more blocks/variations would be nice.

I like the little caveman mascot!

Boobs, Butt, or Shoulder? Boobs, Butt, or Shoulder?

Bah...

21/29... I suck :P

The Sarah Chimera The Sarah Chimera

This is very pleasant to listen to. I quite like the odd harmonies and the interesting rhythmic syncopations. The loop-point is smooth as well.

Could you please post the chord progressions in a reply to this review? I'd work it out myself but I'm really busy working on some projects. It would be very much appreciated if you do find the time. :)

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Hi Esn. It's nice to hear from you. :)
I'm glad you liked the track.

"The Sarah Chimera" was part of a collection of *.OGG files released in January. I provided scores for each of the files in this collection on my website. You can visit http://bentibbetts.net/newcompositions/ogg1.26.13/score1-26.pdf and scroll down to the 17th page to see the entire score for this track, under the heading "Sara".

In summary, the progression goes like this (ignoring the inversion chords):
Db, F, A, C, A, F,
Db, F, A, C, Eb, C,
A, C, A, C,
A, C, Eb, F#, Eb, C,
A, C, A, C,
A, C, Eb, F#, A, C

Destroing Destroing

The scream at the end made it for me

Refreshingly horrible. The going more and more out-of-tune as the song progressed was a nice added bonus.

Omnigon responds:

I see you've studied music theory.

Mine.

Funk it Down Funk it Down

Funky!

It's been a while since I've come across a song that I'm happy to just leave on in the background while I do other things. This is a song like that. Its greatest strength resides in its funky rhythms and a bit of weirdness. It reminds me of the music for the videogame "Toejam and Earl 2". I give it 8/10 because it is a bit repetitive for me; you have each passage repeat 2-4 times in a row, which is ok for this style. However, I think it would have better if the second time, there had been some one different thing to make things more interesting (i.e. another melody layered on top, maybe leading into the style of the next section).

Madness Madness

Your unmodified pen & paper stuff is my favourite. If you ever collected these into an art book like some indie comic artists do, I would totally buy it.

The Change The Change

feedback

Technically, it's very nice, although the lower lip is a bit strange. But I think that its meaning is a bit hard to figure out, and that's probably the single most important thing here.

antiandy responds:

Well, the meaning was supposed to be "Transformation".
However, after submitting it and getting some comments on it, it doesn't seem like I managed to get that to translate very well.
(shrug)
Art is always hit or miss for me, and even moreso when I tread outside my usual comfort zone, but challenging myself is something I'll never stop doing, even if I am not completely successful. :P

Fire Woman Fire Woman

Fantastic

It looks like a half-broken stained glass window to me. :)

But this is really great. Having the face to focus on in the centre (the one thing that's not symmetrical in all four corners) helps a lot.

antiandy responds:

Glad you like it.
This is one of my favorite pieces of all time...and I attribute that directly to the female face.
This piece wouldn't be what it is without her.